Sunday 28 December 2014

Sonakshi Sinha: Salman is honest, Akshay calm and Arjun intelligent

Sonakshi Sinha, 27, is extremely simple, honest, emotional and laid-back. In this hyper weight-conscious film industry, she is not just non-competitive, but she is also totally comfortable being herself. While she may not yet confess her love for Arjun Kapoor, working in Boney Kapoor's Tevar was like working in a home production for her. Ahead of her upcoming entertainer Tevar, she talks to Bombay Times about her being treated like a daughter by Boney Kapoor on the set of Tevar, why Arjun should think a little less, and her decision to now to do one film at a time. Excerpts:

Since when have you known Arjun Kapoor?

Rhea Kapoor and I were in the same class in Arya Vidya Mandir. Arjun and Sonam were two batches senior to us. While somewhere in between Rhea and I lost touch with each other post school, we actually grew up together and so I only knew Arjun as Rhea's cousin, meeting him at her birthday parties till he shifted school when he was in class VIII. So we were acquaintances and I came to first know him when he used to work out with Salman Khan in his house while I was doing Dabangg. But I really got to know him properly only now while shooting Tevar. Sanjay and Boney uncle have seen me grow up, so much so that I used to call Sanjay chachu as that is what Rhea used to call him. Actually, for me also this was like working in a home production.

What is Arjun like?

We became friends literally in the middle of the shoot. He is intelligent, articulate and speaks very well. He is constantly thinking, though I think he can do without it and his life would be simpler if he stopped thinking so muchJ. He is very funny and entertaining.

Working in Tevar was like working in a home production

I am more spontaneous than him and I don't think so much. He will overthink situations and mull and dwell over things. He also talks too much and once he starts talking, he cannot stop. The good thing is that he is such a nice person that it makes up for a lot of things. While I don't think and am different from him that way, otherwise we are quite similar. We both love food and are quite lazy.

In this fiercely competitive industry, what keeps you so non-competitive.

For me, maybe it comes from the fact that one, I have grown up in this world so it never fascinated me, second I didn't have the dream of becoming an actress while growing up and therefore, certainly I had no such dream of becoming the No. 1 actress. Also, I don't look at this as work. I barely take breaks as I feel I don't need them. I really enjoy and look forward to coming on set and facing the camera everyday.

With your next female oriented film with AR Murugadoss, you seemed to have changed tracks in your career. Is that by design?

I am thinking of pulling back a bit. In the last four years, I have done way too much and have done 12 films and have been working at a breakneck speed doing 3-4 films simultaneously at any given point in time. I have learnt and enjoyed a lot, but now I want to do one film at a time.

The only film that explored your acting ability, was Lootera. Has doing mass entertainers got to you in some way?

No, I have really enjoyed being a part of these films and whatever I am today is due to those films. I have made a particular standing as an actor and have reached out to people through those films as people know me because of them. So no regrets at all. Everything has a phase and time and maybe being a Gemini, I want to do different things. So starting this year, I want to do different genres and not repeat the same genres. And I am thrilled that I am starting with Murugadoss sir's film in early Feb in which I am the hero of the film. I have to also prepare for it and he is actually going to fly down some experts from LA to teach me stuff. I want to do the action myself and am more than willing to start training whenever he is ready. He is somebody who has done so well both in terms of making films with content and commerc

No comments: