Sunday 10 November 2013

Salman Khan contributed to my life in many ways: Hrithik Roshan

Hrithik Roshan has tasted success again with his latest superhero film, Krrish 3. In this chat, the actor talks about his equation with Salman Khan (they reportedly had a falling out after Salman’s alleged derogatory comment against the 2010 film, Guzaarish), how Aamir Khan prophesied the hit,
related stories

 


While you were promoting the film, people talked about how you didn’t go to the Salman Khan-hosted reality show. Any plans to go now?
Yes, I am (going). I don’t know why this has become an issue. There are a lot of other shows that I could not make it to, but it’s (the visit) on the cards. I might be on the show very, very soon. I think for the second or the third week of the film… It will be my pleasure and we will have a ball.

Hrithik Roshan and Salman Khan at an event


Is everything fine between you and Salman?
About four months ago I stepped into one of his stores and purchased a lot of clothes for myself. Salman and I have spoken about that and he was happy to know that I am probably the only other actor who has visited the store and bought clothes for himself. I admire him and believe in his symbol of being human. He has really added and contributed to my life in many ways.

Have you also got congratulatory calls from your co-stars or Bollywood contemporaries?
Well, I must say Aamir has been very supportive. He also predicted the next day’s collections. He has really contributed to our success in such a beautiful way (smiles).


Has he been in touch with you regularly?
We had a great time at his party during Diwali. We stayed up till eight in the morning. He also foretold what would happen (to the film) and whatever he said is actually happening. He really knows the pulse of the audience.

At the trailer launch, you said that your kids — Hrehaan and Hridaan — were excited about the film and they also compared it to movies like Iron Man etc. Now that they have seen it, what is their reaction?
You know, it’s important to be loved and admired by the people you love and admire. Whether the film is a hit or flop, if they don’t appreciate it, or admire your efforts, it’s a big let-down. I am happy that my kids have enjoyed the film. I think from now on whenever they play with action figures, if there is Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and Iron Man, Krrish will beat them all (smiles).
Hrithik Roshan with his kids and wife


You are going to work again with Kareena (in Shuddhi) after so many years...
Kareena is one of our finest actresses. She always has been. It will only add to my growth while working with her. I look forward to it.

Do you have any tips Ranbir Kapoor and Ayan Mukerji, who are making a superhero trilogy?
If anybody needs my advice and if I can contribute to other people’s lives, I am always ready. I don’t think Ayan and Ranbir need advice because they really know what they are doing. They are absolutely phenomenal in what they do.

Are you looking to compete with the records set by Shah Rukh Khan and Salman at the box-office?
Whatever happens now is in the hands of the audience. I hope and pray that Krrish 3 sets new records. And I hope that the next film, maybe Dhoom:3, breaks those records. We are constantly evolving and getting inspired by our previous records. I think healthy
competition is great.

The film is doing good business. Are you keeping a tab on the numbers now?
Once the process of creation is over, facts and figures are important to mark the progress. And that is established by numbers. So it is important to keep an eye on it and to get the right feedback as to how much the film is being appreciated. Yes, I do keep tabs. It’s something that kept us awake for the initial three nights. And then, on Monday night, I felt like a superhero. So I had a Krrish sleep on Monday night (smiles).

Are we going to see Krrish 4 now?
Yes, when I was walking out of the theatre, I suddenly got all these ideas for the fourth part. But I still have to sit with dad (film-maker Rakesh Roshan) and discuss them. I think he deserves a break first. Let him enjoy the victory he has achieved and after that I will put him through the rigmarole again. But the fourth film is going to hit theatres sooner than you think.

Are you looking forward to a break now or are you going to jump into another film?
I have no time for a break. I have to get back to shooting. You can take a break wherever you are. You can make time for anything, especially your family. They come before everything else in life.

No comments: